How can we help you?
How do I set up my Hive Active Plug?
If you are buying multiple Hive Active Plugs you should set up your plugs one at a time. Set up one plug fully before starting set up on the next.
If you are new to Hive you will need to set up your hub as well as your Hive Active Plug. To do this follow the steps below.
1. Connect your hub to your broadband router using the Ethernet cable in the box
2. Connect your hub to a mains power socket using the power cable in the box. For the hub to work at its best you should avoid placing it on the floor or in an enclosed area such as a cupboard. A table or shelf are better options, if possible.
3. Log-in using the Hive app or the online dashboard, and enter the hub ID when prompted. This is the 6 character code which you’ll find on the bottom of the hub.
4. Select "Connect" and follow the on-screen instructions. When prompted plug your Hive Active Plug in and switch the mains power socket on. It will flash amber while it searches for your hub
5. Once your Hive Active Plug appears on the screen you can save it and the LED light on the plug will stop flashing
If you are an existing user with Hive products already installed then follow the steps below.
1. Head to your online account at hivehome.com or your mobile app and log in if required using your username and password
2. Once logged in, open the menu and select "Install devices"
3. Follow the on-screen instructions. When prompted plug your Hive Active Plug in and switch the mains power scoket on. It will flash amber while it searches for your hub
4. Once your Hive Active Plug appears on the screen you can save it and the LED light on the plug will stop flashing
- What to do if your Hive Thermostat has a 'No Signal' message on the display
- What do I need to have before I can start using Hive products?
- What to do if your Hive Receiver has a red status light
- What to do if your Hive Thermostat has a 'No RF' message on the display
- What to do if your Hive Hub lights are flashing red or amber
- Is Hive Active Heating compatible with all types of boiler?
- How do I set up my Hive Active Light?
- How do I check the status of my Hive appointment?