How can we help you?
My thermostat is displaying a red battery symbol, “Low Batts”, or “Chg Batts” - what should I do?
If you have Hive Active Heating™ 2:
A red battery symbol means your batteries need to be replaced with four new AA batteries.
To change your batteries:
1. Press the tab on the base of your thermostat
2. Lift your thermostat off the hooks that hold it against the wall and turn it over to access the batteries
3. Simply pop the batteries out and put the new ones in
4. Re-hook the top of your thermostat and then press the bottom until it clicks to secure it to the wall
If you have Hive Active Heating™ 1:
LOW BATTS on the display means that your thermostat’s batteries are low and need changing for two new AA batteries. If the batteries go completely flat your thermostat will stop working and the message CHG BATTS will appear.
To change the batteries:
1. Press the two buttons on the sides of the thermostat and slide it up and off the wall.
2. Remove the batteries by turning the thermostat over and pulling the ribbon.
If you have a Smart Linked Thermostat you can find out how to change the batteries in the user guide available here.
Please note: while “LOW BATTS” is shown, your heating and hot water will continue to work normally. If your thermostat displays “CHG BATTS” your heating and hot water will switch off and can only be controlled using the button(s) on your Hive receiver.
- What does it mean if ‘NO RF’ or 'No Signal' is displayed on the thermostat?
- What should I do if my boiler isn't working?
- How do I set up my Hive Hub?
- How do I amend my schedules using the website dashboard?
- Where will Hive Active Heating be installed? Can I carry the thermostat into different rooms?
- If I buy Hive products and then move home what should I do?
- I've moved into a house that has Hive products installed, what should I do?