How can we help you?
How do I set up Hive Actions?
Hive Actions let you connect your Hive devices together through the app, so your home works seamlessly around you. For example, you can set your Hive Active Heating and Hive Lights to come on when your front door opens. If you have one or more Hive devices you can set up our most popular pre-set Actions or create your own unique ones. To get started follow the below steps:
1. Head to your Hive app and log in if needed using your username and password
2. Go to the menu and select 'Actions'
3. If using iOS, tap on the 'Discover' tab or if using Android, tap on the '+' button. Here you can browse by category or device and choose an Action template or you can build your own
4. You can choose the devices for the Action (if you have more than one) and define exactly what it should do. To alter a device or behaviour just tap on the ‘When’, 'While' and ‘Then’ boxes and pick from the available options. When finished tap 'Done' then 'Next'
5. Name the Action and tap 'Save' to finish.
Hive Hint: if you are creating an Action from a template, you cannot alter the device within 'When', try building your own Action instead.
That's it! You should now see the Action you just created in the 'My actions' tab list and on your Hive Home dashboard.
- What to do if your Hive Sensors are offline
- How do I control my Hive products with Amazon Alexa? [North America]
- Will my Hive products switch off if my broadband is turned off or stops working? [North America]
- How can I change my password and what should I do if I forget it? [North America]
- How do I change my personal details, such as my email address?
- What are Siri Shortcuts and how do I use them?
- What will happen if I stop Hive Mimic mode before the end of the set schedule?
- Can I set the colour, tone and brightness of each Hive Light when setting up Hive Mimic mode?
- What are Hive widgets and how do I use them on my device?
- How do I contact Hive customer support?
- How do I edit an Action?
- How do I enable alerts for my Hive sensors?
- How do I set up Hive Mimic mode?
- What is the all devices list?
- How do I get back to the Hive dashboard or all devices list from another page?
- How do I remove an Action?
- What can you do with Actions?
- What is the Hive app dashboard?
- How do I control my Hive products from the Hive app dashboard?
- How do I access my devices from the Hive dashboard or all devices list?
- I’ve updated my Hive app to the latest version, what happens to my previous settings and schedules?
- What can I do if my Hive products aren't working?
- What is IFTTT?
- How do I set up notifications my Hive sensors?
- What are Quick Actions?
- My Phillips Hue lights aren't working, what should I do?
- What happens to my existing Actions when I update my Hive app?