How can we help you?
What should I do with any unused wires when installing my Hive Active Thermostat™?
If your old thermostat had wires that were not in use, then those wires should not be used with your new Hive Active Thermostat™. Make sure they are pushed back into the hole in the wall, or cut short. Any extra wires may interfere with your new Hive Active Thermostat™.
- How can I get my Thermostat professionally installed?
- Do I have to use the decoration plate?
- What do all the different letters mean on the terminal block?
- Do I need to switch the breaker off, or remove the fuse, for the Furnace and/or Air Conditioning System before installation?
- Can I buy an add-a-wire kit if my system does not have a C wire?
- Why do I need to take a picture of the old thermostat wiring?
- Do the colors of the wires correspond to the letters on my new thermostat?
- My Hive Active Thermostat™ is displaying “Search…”, what should I do?
- How can I tell if my wires are inserted properly?
- Do I need to use all the wires coming out of my wall for my Hive Active Thermostat™?
- I've selected the letters that match the terminals from my old thermostat but the colors shown do not match the colors of wire I have?
- What do I do if I do not have a C-wire?
- What do I do if the wire screen incorrectly shows which wires are connected?
- How do I pair my Hive Active Thermostat™ with my Hive Hub?
- How do I know which wires to connect?