How can we help you?
Which HVAC systems is the Hive Thermostat compatible with?
The Hive Thermostat is a 24v thermostat compatible with most HVAC systems. If you are unsure if the Hive Thermostat can control your system, please visit the compatibility test to check whether your current system is compatible.
Please note, the Hive Thermostat is not compatible with the following systems:
- Systems with wiring such as A, B, C, D (commonly known as proprietary or communicating)
- When using “Dual” mode, why does the opposite temperature sometimes change when I’m adjusting my “Comfort Zone”?
- What does the “Actual” and “Target” temperature mean?
- What does “Circulate” in fan option mean?
- How do I change System Mode?
- What is “Dual” mode?
- How do I use the “Hold” setting?
- Do I need to switch the breaker off, or remove the fuse, for the Furnace and/or Air Conditioning System before installation?
- Do I have to use the decoration plate?
- How does Geolocation work if I have Hive Multizone?
- Can more than one person use Geolocation?
- How do I know which wires to connect?
- I have multiple thermostats at home controlling different areas in the house, do I need to replace all my thermostats if I choose to buy a Hive Thermostat?
- Is the Hive Thermostat compatible with zone boards?
- How many wires do I need to install my Hive Thermostat?
- Is the Hive Thermostat available for purchase outside of North America?
- Does my Hive Thermostat need a C-wire or common wire?
- What kind of heating and cooling system do I have?
- Why do I need to take a picture of the old thermostat wiring?
- Do I need a Hive Hub to use my Hive Thermostat?
- My Hive Thermostat is displaying “Search…”, what should I do?
- Do the colors of the wires correspond to the letters on my new Hive Thermostat?
- How can I tell if my wires are inserted properly?
- Do I need to use all the wires coming out of my wall for my Hive Thermostat?
- What do all the different letters mean on the backplate?
- My Hive Thermostat is not powering up after installation. What should I do?
- What type of fan control is available?
- What is “Quick Heat” and “Quick Cool”?
- What is Emergency Heat?
- How do I pair my Hive Thermostat with my Hive Hub?
- Can I control my home humidity from my Hive Thermostat?
- My heating or cooling is not turning on. What’s going on?
- What should I do with any unused wires when installing my Hive Thermostat?
- How does Geolocation work for the Hive Thermostat?
- How do I put my Hive Thermostat back into pairing mode to pair with the Hive Hub?
- Does the Hive Thermostat work with multi-stage heating systems?
- Will the Hive Thermostat work when my power is out?
- Can I lock my Hive Thermostat to prevent unwanted changes?
- Why is my Hive Thermostat displaying 2 temperatures on top of each other?
- How do I setup a schedule?
- Does the Hive Thermostat require batteries?
- Which thermostat do I have?
- What can I do if my Hive Thermostat is showing an incorrect time?