How can we help you?
How will I receive notifications for my Window or Door Sensor?
Once set up, you will receive notifications for your sensor as Push Notifications by default. To change this, follow the steps below.
Using the Hive app
1. From either the honeycomb or list dashboards, tap on the Window or Door Sensor you'd like to change alerts for.
2. Tap on the Actions tab. If you have Actions created for this sensor they will appear here.
3. Notifications for this sensor detecting opening or closing are Actions, so tap on the notification Action in this list to edit it.
4. Tap on the Notify Me button in the Then section
5. Choose how you would like to be notified. You can select multiple options, but you must select at least one. 6. When you're happy with the selection, tap back, and then Save.
Using the online dashboard:
1. Head to your online account at hivehome.com and log in if needed using your username and password
2. Open the menu and select your Hive Window or Door Sensor from the list
3. Under the Actions section you can edit whether you receive notifications by push, email or both