How can we help you?
How do I reset my Pet Friendly Sensor/Hive Motion Sensor?
If you’re trying to pair your Hive Motion Sensor and you don’t see a light on the front flashing amber you may need to reset it.
If you purchased your sensor before November 2016:
1. Slide off the back cover of the larger sensor piece
2. Remove the battery
3. Locate the small white button
4. Put the battery back in place
5. Press the white button 10 times (once per second)
6. Now, turn the device over. You should be able to see on the front that the green light is on for five seconds, and then starts double flashing.
Once you see the light double flashing, you’re done!
If you purchased your sensor after November 2016:
1. Slide the front of the case up
2. Locate the small red button and hold down for approximately 10 seconds. During this time you will see a red light come on and go back off again.
3. A green light will then flash once.
4. After about 5 seconds, you will see a flashing amber light to indicate the sensor is in pairing mode.
Once the light stops flashing, you’re done!
If you purchased a Pet Friendly sensor:
1. Press and hold the button on the side of the Sensor for around 8 seconds, or until the light changes to a fast blinking red.
2. Once blinking red, let go of the button and wait for the light to change to flashing amber
3. When flashing amber, from your Hive dashboard in the app, tap on ‘Add’ then ‘Install new device’ at the bottom of the screen, or from the menu, tap on ‘Install devices’
4. Tap on ‘Install Hive Devices’ and then ‘Other Hive devices’or if part of a HomeShield installation, tap on ‘Install Hive HomeShield’
5. Once paired, the Pet Friendly Sensor will flash green for 500ms, and will pop up in your app and allow you to name it
Try installing your Hive Motion sensor in your Hive app or online dashboard again.