How can we help you?
How do I enable alerts for my Hive sensors?
To set up alerts for your sensor follow the steps below:
1. From either the honeycomb or list dashboards, tap on the sensor you'd like to enable alerts for.
2. Tap on the Actions tab.
3. Tap the + button.
4. Tap on the "Get a notification when..." Actions, then tap Next.
5. Tap 'Name & Save', then 'Save'.
6. You're done! You've now created an Action to alert you when your sensor detects motion or opens/closes.
7. [Optional] If you'd like to quickly enable or disable alerts for this sensor in the future you can do from the Actions list by just tapping the on/off toggle for that Action.
- Where can I get information in an alternative format?
- How do I set up Hive Actions?
- How do I set up notifications my Hive sensors?
- Is holiday mode available on all Hive products?
- Will I still receive push notifications if I log out of my app?
- How much data does a push notification use?
- I’ve updated my Hive app to the latest version, what happens to my previous settings and schedules?
- How do I access my devices from the Hive dashboard or all devices list?
- How do I control my Hive products from the Hive app dashboard?
- What is the Hive app dashboard?
- How to amend schedules using the website dashboard?
- How do I get back to the Hive dashboard or all devices list from another page?
- What is the all devices list?
- How do I set up Hive Mimic mode?
- How do I edit an Action?
- What are Hive widgets and how do I use them on my device?
- Can I set the colour, tone and brightness of each Hive Light when setting up Hive Mimic mode?
- What will happen if I stop Hive Mimic mode before the end of the set schedule?
- What are Siri Shortcuts and how do I use them?
- What does the Hive app for Apple watch do and how do I install it?
- The clocks are due to change, what do I need to do with my Hive products and schedules?
- Why can’t I find the Hive App in the Google Play Store?
- What does Hive Mimic mode do?
- What are Quick Actions?
- Why do I need to set a strong unique password?
- What to do if your Hive Sensors are offline
- How do I view or edit my personal details?
- How can I tell my email is from Hive?