How can we help you?
How do I set up Hive Actions?
Hive Actions let you connect your Hive devices together through the app, so your home works seamlessly around you. For example, you can set your Hive Active Heating and Hive Lights to come on when your front door opens. If you have one or more Hive devices you can set up our most popular pre-set Actions or create your own unique ones. To get started follow the below steps:
1. Head to your Hive app and log in if needed using your username and password
2. Go to the menu and select 'Actions'
3. If using iOS, tap on the 'Discover' tab or if using Android, tap on the '+' button. Here you can browse by category or device and choose an Action template or you can build your own
4. You can choose the devices for the Action (if you have more than one) and define exactly what it should do. To alter a device or behaviour just tap on the ‘When’, 'While' and ‘Then’ boxes and pick from the available options. When finished tap 'Done' then 'Next'
5. Name the Action and tap 'Save' to finish.
Hive Hint: if you are creating an Action from a template, you cannot alter the device within 'When', try building your own Action instead.
That's it! You should now see the Action you just created in the 'My actions' tab list and on your Hive Home dashboard.
- Where can I get information in an alternative format?
- How do I set up notifications my Hive sensors?
- Is holiday mode available on all Hive products?
- Will I still receive push notifications if I log out of my app?
- How much data does a push notification use?
- I’ve updated my Hive app to the latest version, what happens to my previous settings and schedules?
- How do I access my devices from the Hive dashboard or all devices list?
- How do I control my Hive products from the Hive app dashboard?
- What is the Hive app dashboard?
- How to amend schedules using the website dashboard?
- How do I get back to the Hive dashboard or all devices list from another page?
- What is the all devices list?
- How do I set up Hive Mimic mode?
- How do I enable alerts for my Hive sensors?
- How do I edit an Action?
- What are Hive widgets and how do I use them on my device?
- Can I set the colour, tone and brightness of each Hive Light when setting up Hive Mimic mode?
- What will happen if I stop Hive Mimic mode before the end of the set schedule?
- What are Siri Shortcuts and how do I use them?
- What does the Hive app for Apple watch do and how do I install it?
- The clocks are due to change, what do I need to do with my Hive products and schedules?
- Why can’t I find the Hive App in the Google Play Store?
- What does Hive Mimic mode do?
- What are Quick Actions?
- Why do I need to set a strong unique password?
- What to do if your Hive Sensors are offline
- How do I view or edit my personal details?
- How can I tell my email is from Hive?