How can we help you?
How do I set up Hive Actions?
Hive Actions let you connect your Hive devices together through the app, so your home works seamlessly around you. For example, you can set your Hive Active Heating and Hive Lights to come on when your front door opens. If you have one or more Hive devices you can set up our most popular pre-set Actions or create your own unique ones. To get started follow the below steps:
1. Head to your Hive app and log in if needed using your username and password
2. Go to the menu and select 'Actions'
3. If using iOS, tap on the 'Discover' tab or if using Android, tap on the '+' button. Here you can browse by category or device and choose an Action template or you can build your own
4. You can choose the devices for the Action (if you have more than one) and define exactly what it should do. To alter a device or behaviour just tap on the ‘When’, 'While' and ‘Then’ boxes and pick from the available options. When finished tap 'Done' then 'Next'
5. Name the Action and tap 'Save' to finish.
Hive Hint: if you are creating an Action from a template, you cannot alter the device within 'When', try building your own Action instead.
That's it! You should now see the Action you just created in the 'My actions' tab list and on your Hive Home dashboard.
- Why do I need to set a strong unique password?
- What to do if your Hive Sensors are offline
- What does Hive Mimic mode do?
- How can I tell my email is from Hive?
- Why can’t I find the Hive App in the Google Play Store?
- The clocks are due to change, what do I need to do with my Hive products and schedules?
- What does the Hive app for Apple watch do and how do I install it?
- How do I change my personal details, such as my email address?
- What are Siri Shortcuts and how do I use them?
- What will happen if I stop Hive Mimic mode before the end of the set schedule?
- Can I set the colour, tone and brightness of each Hive Light when setting up Hive Mimic mode?
- Can I use text control (SMS) on all Hive products?
- What are Hive widgets and how do I use them on my device?
- How do I edit an Action?
- How do I enable alerts for my Hive sensors?
- How do I set up Hive Mimic mode?
- What is the all devices list?
- How do I get back to the Hive dashboard or all devices list from another page?
- How do I remove an Action?
- How to amend schedules using the website dashboard?
- What is the Hive app dashboard?
- How do I control my Hive products from the Hive app dashboard?
- How do I access my devices from the Hive dashboard or all devices list?
- I’ve updated my Hive app to the latest version, what happens to my previous settings and schedules?
- What is IFTTT?
- Will I still receive push notifications if I log out of my app?
- How much data does a push notification use?
- Is holiday mode available on all Hive products?
- How do I set up notifications my Hive sensors?
- What are Quick Actions?
- My Phillips Hue lights aren't working, what should I do?
- What happens to my existing Actions when I update my Hive app?
- Where can I get information in an alternative format?