How can we help you?
What does the Hive app for Apple watch do and how do I install it?
Hive's Apple Watch app supports all Apple Watches. Just make sure you have watchOS 4 or higher installed.
How do I install it?
Apple Watch apps come bundled with their iPhone apps, and by default the watch app installs automatically when the iPhone app is installed. If you've switched off the 'auto install' setting for watch apps, then you can manually install it via the 'Watch' app on your iPhone.
What can I do with Hive's Apple Watch app?
With Hive's Apple Watch app you can:
• Activate your Quick Actions
• View current temperature and change heating settings (target temperature, boost, and current mode)
• View and control your lights (on/off, brightness, tone, and colour*).
*Dependant on the bulb type.
• View and control your plugs (on/off)
• Boost hot water.
• You don't need your phone nearby for the watch app to work if you have a cellular watch, or if your watch is near a wifi network that you've connected to before.
• You can hide a device from the watch app by hiding it on the honeycomb dashboard on the phone app.
• With the watch app you can set the brightness and tone/colour of a Hive light before you switch it on.
• Swipe up or down on a light or heating control screen to quickly switch between devices.
- Where can I get information in an alternative format?
- How do I set up Hive Actions?
- How do I set up notifications my Hive sensors?
- Is holiday mode available on all Hive products?
- Will I still receive push notifications if I log out of my app?
- How much data does a push notification use?
- I’ve updated my Hive app to the latest version, what happens to my previous settings and schedules?
- How do I access my devices from the Hive dashboard or all devices list?
- How do I control my Hive products from the Hive app dashboard?
- What is the Hive app dashboard?
- How to amend schedules using the website dashboard?
- How do I get back to the Hive dashboard or all devices list from another page?
- What is the all devices list?
- How do I set up Hive Mimic mode?
- How do I enable alerts for my Hive sensors?
- How do I edit an Action?
- What are Hive widgets and how do I use them on my device?
- Can I set the colour, tone and brightness of each Hive Light when setting up Hive Mimic mode?
- What will happen if I stop Hive Mimic mode before the end of the set schedule?
- What are Siri Shortcuts and how do I use them?
- Why can’t I find the Hive App in the Google Play Store?
- The clocks are due to change, what do I need to do with my Hive products and schedules?
- What does Hive Mimic mode do?
- What are Quick Actions?
- Why do I need to set a strong unique password?
- What to do if your Hive Sensors are offline
- How do I view or edit my personal details?
- How can I tell my email is from Hive?