How can we help you?
What does the Hive app for Apple watch do and how do I install it?
Hive's Apple Watch app supports all Apple Watches. Just make sure you have watchOS 4 or higher installed.
How do I install it?
Apple Watch apps come bundled with their iPhone apps, and by default the watch app installs automatically when the iPhone app is installed. If you've switched off the 'auto install' setting for watch apps, then you can manually install it via the 'Watch' app on your iPhone.
What can I do with Hive's Apple Watch app?
With Hive's Apple Watch app you can:
• Activate your Quick Actions
• View current temperature and change heating settings (target temperature, boost, and current mode)
• View and control your lights (on/off, brightness, tone, and colour*).
*Dependant on the bulb type.
• View and control your plugs (on/off)
• Boost hot water.
• You don't need your phone nearby for the watch app to work if you have a cellular watch, or if your watch is near a wifi network that you've connected to before.
• You can hide a device from the watch app by hiding it on the honeycomb dashboard on the phone app.
• With the watch app you can set the brightness and tone/colour of a Hive light before you switch it on.
• Swipe up or down on a light or heating control screen to quickly switch between devices.
- Why do I need to set a strong unique password?
- What to do if your Hive Sensors are offline
- What does Hive Mimic mode do?
- How can I tell my email is from Hive?
- Why can’t I find the Hive App in the Google Play Store?
- The clocks are due to change, what do I need to do with my Hive products and schedules?
- How do I change my personal details, such as my email address?
- What are Siri Shortcuts and how do I use them?
- What will happen if I stop Hive Mimic mode before the end of the set schedule?
- Can I set the colour, tone and brightness of each Hive Light when setting up Hive Mimic mode?
- Can I use text control (SMS) on all Hive products?
- What are Hive widgets and how do I use them on my device?
- How do I edit an Action?
- How do I enable alerts for my Hive sensors?
- How do I set up Hive Mimic mode?
- What is the all devices list?
- How do I get back to the Hive dashboard or all devices list from another page?
- How do I remove an Action?
- How to amend schedules using the website dashboard?
- What is the Hive app dashboard?
- How do I control my Hive products from the Hive app dashboard?
- How do I access my devices from the Hive dashboard or all devices list?
- I’ve updated my Hive app to the latest version, what happens to my previous settings and schedules?
- What is IFTTT?
- Will I still receive push notifications if I log out of my app?
- How much data does a push notification use?
- Is holiday mode available on all Hive products?
- How do I set up notifications my Hive sensors?
- What are Quick Actions?
- How do I set up Hive Actions?
- My Phillips Hue lights aren't working, what should I do?
- What happens to my existing Actions when I update my Hive app?
- Where can I get information in an alternative format?